3:50 AMWhat I've learned in 10 years of work in SEO
In August this year marks ten years as I am in SEO, which means that I went through a large number of algorithm changes and optimized hundreds of sites in different verticals of the market.
I worked at home and in agencies, but all this experience does not mean that I got a definitive answer to what works and is not when it comes to SEO. In fact, I made a lot of mistakes in my way, and today I would like to share with you some of the tips that I have learned throughout my
The following lessons are based on my own experience. They relate not only to SEO, but to my life and business. I hope that the lessons will be useful to you, and you will avoid the mistakes that I made.
1. Do not grow the reference mass too fast. When I first came into SEO, I created the site and was full of enthusiasm, not understanding that I should do everything step by step. I understood that in the following months I will not be able to repeat what I started. As expected, my positions took off, but also fell
2. The meta descriptions tag is important!
3. Do not be deceived by the positions and traffic. Everything changes monthly, not daily or weekly (note: it is necessary to work regularly, not stop at what has been achieved).
4. There is a very fine line between analytics and obsession. When I first started, I was ready to look at the positions of my site every day, every hour, thinking that something would change. As a result, I wasted my time on something that I could not change. The same time is better spent on building up the reference mass or writing additional articles on the blog.
5. There is nothing better than a good product. I optimized more than a hundred sites and realized that the best SEO tactic is a good product (and it will never change).
6. There is a huge difference between the optimization of e-commerce sites, landing pages for the generation of leads, small sites and sites filled by users. You must understand not only the current state of the site, but its type as well because your entire strategy should
7. Different techniques come and go, but the creative never dies. I hate when people blindly follow the advice of SEO experts, without even thinking about whether the used techniques work well on their website. You will not be mistaken if you give customers what they want, and at the same time find a creative way to do it.
8. Age is just numbers. The age of the domain and the site is definitely a ranking factor, but let the youth of the site does not scare you. There are many other ranking factors that give you the opportunity to get ahead of your competitors.
9. It's not so difficult to surpass the big brands. I found that the larger the brand, the bigger the budget, but the longer they make decisions. Just think how much effort is required to move the cargo ship, as compared to the boat.
|Total comments: 0|